326 – To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, this account is temporarily locked. Please log in to https://twitter.com to unlock your account.

Standard

Chances are you’re a developer and you’ve found yourself here by doing a Google search for the term ‘326 – To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, this account is temporarily locked. Please log in to https://twitter.com to unlock your account.’

Turns out it looks like Twitter have made a change to their BotMakers algorithm and tons of accounts are getting locked because of this change, including a load of our own autopo.st customers.

At the moment there has been no official response from Twitter about this, but so far it is clear that something changed on their side on or around 21st March 2017.

From there, many of our customers are having their Twitter accounts locked due to this ‘malicious activity’ yet nothing has changed on our platform.

All that we can suggest at the moment is the following, as suggested on our autpo.st page here :

Please visit this link BEFORE resetting your password; https://support.twitter.com/forms/general?subtopic=suspended and from there, ask why your account has been locked and an explanation of what has happened, indicating that the traffic is legitimate and not malicious. From there, please proceed to reset you password by simply logging into your account at this page https://twitter.com/login 

We’ve got this entry going on the Twitter Community page here but there has been little response from Twitter other than a response quoting that it is not an API issue, rather it is an issue with individual accounts, which I feel is not strictly true.

It looks like this isn;t the first time this has happened (the algorithm went a little haywire) as reported in this post by website Tech Crunch

I’d be keen to hear from anyone that is suffering from the same issues to post here, or even better on the Twitter Community page here.

I’m hoping we can get some kind of response from Twitter as we’ve spent 3 years developing the autopo.st platform and at the moment it’s not looking great.